Sunday, May 1, 2011
Tonight Game of Thrones is on again. Thus far, I feel kind of disappointed with the television adaptation. I find myself nitpicking about most details (needless to say, my boyfriend does not appreciate the "critical lens" being cast on the show), and I keep bemoaning how things are "not as I pictured them to be."
Basically, I've fallen into that trap where I loved the books so much (yes, I've read them all) that no television series or movie could ever live up to my expectations.
Despite my complaints, I'm sticking with the series, though.
My 5 Favourite Book-to-Movie Adaptations
1. Lord of the Rings - Seriously. Peter Jackson did a fantastic job with this trilogy.
2. Let the Right One In - The Swedish film did a wonderful job interpreting the novel. I read the novel after seeing the film, and I was impressed by how true to the story the film was.
3. The Princess Bride - Ah, a childhood favourite of mine
4. The Exorcist - Blatty's book is horrifying and so is the movie
5. Field of Dreams - The dark horse in this race. The book is a wonderful American yarn and so is the movie.